Tuesday, April 05, 2005

 

Nap time yet?

The time change is always difficult for me. I grew up in the two states that do not go in for Daylight Savings Time: Indiana and Arizona. I did not experience Daylight Savings until I lived in London. That was a shock.

I don’t do well with changing time zones. Needless to say my sleep patterns get mighty disrupted when the time changes. So to fight this issue I read about half of Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

It is such an odd book. It juxtaposes the building of the Chicago World’s Fair of 1893 against the life and cons of a serial killer who lived next door to the fair. It is a really creepy but compelling read. In some ways the Chicago World’s Fair part reminds me of Breaking Ground and the serial killer part reminds me of Stiff, but it is worse than that. The thing that is really bugging me about the book is that the author has made the book seem very narrative, but I want to know how he know what people said, thought and felt. He has some quotes and apparently researched it well, but I want to know which parts he just made up to make the story move better. I think he is imposing his concepts to their reality and it is annoying.

The ramblings of my sleepy mind. I hope I adjust to the time change soon.

Is it nap time yet?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?