Wednesday, May 09, 2007

 

Special Topics in Calamity Physics (part 2)

Ok, I finished it. It lived up to the hype.

The first 2/3rds or so of the book is a classic "here-is-what-lead-up-to-the-death-it-makes-no-sense" sorta book. it seems like you are being told yet another story of friendship lost. Ah, but the last 1/3 turns into super sleuth fact digging, go through every scrap mentioned in the first part of the book and figure out the mystery you did not even see coming. Quite good. Very enjoyable. Well pulled off.

I enjoyed it and wish I had another. Now I have to read a few boring books for my book club. Of course, I don't know they are boring, I am just assuming as always. I guess by underestimating books I enjoy the good ones more since I always expect them to be crap.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?