Saturday, November 24, 2007

 

Embarassment and burning books

Yes, I have been reading, but not anything that I would actually share with a large group for fear of being laughed at, so let's just say I read a 6 book series of books that are about 800 pages a piece and I can not even take credit for them from the embaressement.

I also read half a book I hated so much that I took outside and burned it. Yes, I burned a book. But really, what choice did I have. It was so bad. I would not have given that book away to anyone, even a stranger. I hated it with such passion that I felt nothing sad about trying to burn it. I say trying since it is much harder than you would assume to burn a book. We had to rip out all the pages to get the darn thing to light. I just wanted to throw a match on the complete book, but there is this thing called oxegen that fires need and apparently there is not enough in the tight leaves of a book.

I also am reading a book I will tell you the name of, although I am not thrilled about the story. I am ready Loving Frank. Ho - Hum. It was for book club, so was the burnt book mentioned above.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?